CSI: Miami Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSI: Miami Roleplay Forum

This is a CSI Miami Roleplay forum.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANON CHARACTERS!!!!.
I only own this forum and its art work. The show belongs to CBS. Original Characters and fanart excluded

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oh, get lost! (Patrick)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:30 am

"Yeah, pretty uncomfortable." Patrick murmured. He felt like on a frying pan, or in an owen. It kinda felt like facepalm moment. This was why he hated being in Miami. Heat was terrible and after lock incident he tried to avoid heat and sun and all kinds of lock-able places.

Although one could consider him a nutjob, and it wasn't wise to wear three-piece suit in Miami, he just stayed in his signature clothes. Partially modesty reasons, partially because he didn't want to make the young lady uncomfortable by undressing. Although it might happen anyway in the rate of sun getting hotter.

After Lara told about her flashback, he was sure it was a flashback, Jane couldn't think otherwise.
"I think you might've gotten us a clue. Unfortunately Miami has a handful of those things." the blonde was musing. He only wished his brain stopped rattling and provided some flashbacks. But obviously his memory palace had been screwed up big time. "Okay, I think we should find a spot and sit down. I want to try something to help you remember. I'm sure it's all there," he gently tapped on Lara's forehead, "but we shall try to bring it out."

The consultant thought of trying light hypnotizing her to try and see what happens. He was pretty sure Lara might remember more.
And he really wanted to sit down for a while. His head was messed up more than he thought, but he won't let his own worries show. At least one of them might remember something, he hoped.
Besides, so far they was relatively safe. If you didn't count sun beating down with fiery revenge.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:01 pm

“Mmm.” Lara uttered regretfully as she nodded in agreement when Patrick pointed out that wood and metal doors and industrial type ceilings was not that much of a unique thing to find in Miami.

“Okay.” Lara said a little unsure when Patrick said he wanted to try and help her remember. “We should take a rest by now anyway.” She added as she found a nice area of logs in the cool shade.
Lara took a seat, “You’re not going to try and hypnotise me or something are you?” She joked not knowing that Patrick was actually capable of doing that.
Lara was against Hypnosis for a number of reasons and it was not something she would consent to.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:49 am

"Er… well," Patrick started awkwardly. He sensed Lara might be one of those who didn't like anything hypnosis related. "I was thinking of a little assisting. Your memories of the previous night is locked in your mind and needs little helping to get out. I can help you. You might've seen or heard something that might help us solve this mystery." Jane finished on an enthusiastic note. But he still avoided acting out with more joy and respected the woman enough to not push her.
If he had learned something, here, in Miami, then it was patience and respectful waiting out. Partially because he shared living quarters with a bunch of expressive personalities that wasn't all the most patient nor bothering with respect to each other in numerous daily things.

Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:37 am

“No, sorry I can’t let you hypnotise me.” Lara said clearly uncomfortable at the mere thought of it. “I thought you were just going to talk and ask some questions like a psychiatrist or something. I know I need to remember as much as I can but we’ll just have to wait for it to come, I’m sorry." Lara said. She hung her head and sighed frustrated.

“Maybe talking would help.” Lara said after a while. “Maybe we should both say what we did last night, where we went and what the last thing we can remember is, then try and figure out if there is a link. I mean we somehow ended up out here together, maybe we met yesterday or were just both in the wrong place at the wrong time…at the same time.” Lara said explaining her reasoning.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:55 am

Although Lara's answer was slightly disappointing - he was after all used to do "his thing" to draw out truth - he was respectful.

"Oh, okay." he said aloud, with a slight shrug.

After all he could do things the "normal" way just as well. Usually.

"So, maybe you start. But start from the moment you woke up the morning of the day before today. I assume it would be the best." Patrick suggested. "Just close your eyes, take some deep breaths and concentrate on whatever details you can recall. " Jane offered. Whether it would help him was another question, considering how rattled he still felt.

Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:01 am

“Okay.” Lara replied, “I got up, breakfast, shower. I got to work at 9am, finished at 5:15. I hung around my locker chatting with some of the other cops for about 10 minutes or so.
I went home to shower and change, because I don’t like doing that at the station. I had dinner alone at “Palm Island”. Then I went to my night class at 7. I started to walk home at about 8, but I can only remember walking a few blocks then everything after that is blank.”

Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:21 am

Patrick listened tightly and thoughtfully. "Well, that sounds like you were probably taken then. The rest of your day seems normal and nothing suspicious until after that night class." he said. No thought yet burst through his brilliant mind. Nothing popped out of anywhere, yet. "Might be sudden but I'm kinda thinking it's possible they planned it and took you at the time less suspicious. You were alone and it was dark so no witnesses. Smart I shall say, but I'm sure someone or something must've caught something." Patrick mused, for once not looking directly at Lara, rubbing his forehead absentmindedly. He tried to slip out of his own recall. For his fame it might come really weird that his memory was somewhat foggy on details and most of things after ending his shift came up even more nondescript. Okay, stalling, he was stalling and that was albeit usual it wasn't him to be this avoiding about something so simple, at least not in Miami. Sacramento maybe but not here with Ryan's snoopy sister and another con-man sharing same house.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:04 am

Lara’s frown grew when Patrick suggested the she may have been taken from the street. The thought of that was just creepy and wrong. For a moment Lara’s mind was too distracted by the thought to notice that Patrick was stalling. Then suddenly another image flashed across Lara’s mind: the word toilet.
“Toilet.” Lara blurted out the seemingly random word in a contemplative tone. “It was a sign I saw last night, to let vandalised to say toilet.” She said explaining her random statement, “I was not taken from the street I was…somewhere.” Lara said with a hint of relief and frustration. “Does that ring any bells for you?”
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:38 am

Up until question about ringing bells Patrick had a hope Lara would remember something tiny and specific that they would start speculation and she'd not notice the obvious lack of his own suggestions. Luckily they weren't known with each other before this day. Otherwise there would be absolute interrogation as it often happened at home.

"Not really. Not at this moment. But it's definitely a clue that matters. It might also lead us somewhere. Or not." Jane offered. He tried to subtly steer Lara towards the new clue and away from the sorry excuse of the brilliant consultant he usually was.
"If only we were in city. Or at least had some kind of a map or GPS something. We might be able to recreate your way home." the consultant offered with a slight shrug, and once again messed up his hair which probably would need a shave-off by the time they're back home.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:53 am

“Okay, I think we both need a break.” Lara said rubbing her head “And we should really start sorting out something to drink and something to eat” Lara said, her lips where getting dry and the sun was getting hotter.

Lara cleared a space and lit a fire, “I can collect some water and find us something to eat, if you want to get some wood and build this fire up that would help.” Lara said. “I know it’s hot but we need a fire to boil the water so that we can drink it.” Lara said explaining to Patrick why she was actually lighting a fire in this heat, then she went to find some food and water.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:39 am

Patrick nodded. "Yeah, seems like a good idea." the consultant beamed. It seemed he'd gotten some time to try and dig up his slightly shattered memory palace. Maybe some memory will spark his sloshy brain.

"Oh, okay. I'll see for some wood then." Jane agreed. The water looked really too dirty to drink out of it's bed and boiling it seemed only logical. His own lips were dry and he found not only his shirt seemed to stuck to his skin but also his tongue to his gums.
So he set after some woodwork, possibly lots of fallen branches and twigs. Something that could burn all right.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:11 am

Lara foraged for the materials she needed to prepare some drinking water.
She soon collected the bits and pieces she needed and set to work. She filled the container she had found with the cleanest water she could find and returned to Patrick who had hopefully gathered enough firewood by now.

Lara looked over at Patrick and eyed his potently expensive jacket, “I’ve collected some relatively clean water but I think it would be better to filter it.” Lara started, she was obviously getting at something, “Um, would it be possible to use your jacket?” She asked.

Lara gathered two Y shaped branches and set them up each side of the fire, she placed a stick across the branches and used the newly formed frame to hang the water over the flames to boil.
Lara made a substitute sweet herbal tea using the roots and berries she had foraged, she gave some to Patrick along with a healthy helping of succulent berries for him to eat, “Take sips at first, if you’re dehydrated you’ll throw-up if you drink too much too quickly.” She advised. Lara put the rest of the water aside to cool for later.
“So where was we?” Lara said referring to the conversation they was having about the previous days events and memories. Lara had noticed that Patrick seemed like he was having trouble remembering anything about yesterday, she hoped that would change now that they had a chance to rest and have some food and tea.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:47 am

Luckily for the consultant the bushes and small trees hadn't been particularly neat and ground was covered by enough woodwork so it was just a gathering thing.
That done he returned back to the place and moment later Lara returned as well.

At her question Patrick just smiled and got rid of his clothing. He didn't care about his clothes like Neal did. Patrick had enough money to buy new one anyway, if he felt like that.
Then he settled to observe the preparations and for once did as told.
Lisbon, his former boss and now friend from afar, would be proud of his good behavior since with his old team he behaved like a five year old.
He sipped the tea- aka wilderness tea, as he'd dubbed it in his mind- and enjoyed the berries. That gave an idea for use at home for times someone was ill.

But as much as rested he felt, and as much cooler it was now, without the jacket, procrastination and avoiding could go so far. And then he had to follow his own advice and proceed the memory catching thing.

"Well, I assume it was my turn now to retell my day." he started. His brows furrowed as he hummed slightly in vain. "As usual I woke up. But my head was feeling sore from day before when at few occasions during day I bumped heads with CSI Wolfe. He had a bad day and my head kept in his way.
So, I did my daily preparations with little disturbance from others. I share a house with two CSIs, journalist, journalist's twin and a guy from New York with a colorful past and who's another consultant for MDPD."
Jane explained, rubbing his temples. "My girlfriend was out for a case so I was mostly by myself after getting to Lab. I always stick around Lab in case Horatio has some case worth my attention. So most of the day I wandered and lounged around Lab and during lunchtime went out to seek a place to grab a sandwich and decent tea.
After that I headed back and stayed with Wolfe and his sister in their lab. "
so far Jane managed. But there things were getting fuzzy. He only vaguely recalled heading to Locker Room and only merely guessed he went to parking lot to fetch his car that had been missing him since two days before when Ryan drove them home in his SUV.
So he was unsure what happened next. Maybe he didn't even get to his locker or car. It sent chills over his body, making his hands shake- first sign of weakness in his book.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:37 am

“Judging from what we remember of our daily routines we know whatever happened, happened to us at evening or night… That doesn’t tell us much does it?” Lara mused.

Lara sipped her tea as she sat there quietly thinking.
Thinking about the flashbacks she had about last night. Thinking about what could have happened to her last night; a number of unsettling scenarios swirled around her head. Then her thoughts turned to what she needed to do now, what she needed to do to get out of the Glades and the responsibility she felt for Patrick and his safety.

Lara sat there quiet and aloft, unaware that Patrick was studying her while they sat there and thought for what could turn into an awkwardly long moment of silence.

Lara was unaware of what Patrick was learning about her through his Mentalist skills, she was unaware of what he was capable of doing with his talents and she was unaware of his childish past behaving like a five year old.  Lara would be deeply uncomfortable having that information so it was good that she didn’t.
But who knows now that Patrick was rested, refreshed and was out of immediate danger, Maybe he would slip into his old ways of misbehaving and having fun with his talents.

"Are you ready to go?" Lara asked after a while. She knew they was burning daylight.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:31 am

"I'm afraid it doesn't." he said with a sigh. Oh well, his clothes weren't too ruined so at least he hadn't been dragged around by foot. Or by his foot tied to the back of a car and pulled behind.
But that meant was taken civilized enough to not cause much scuffle.
And also it said that if he'd been taken from lab there were cameras. And if there was anything about cameras then Mich would throw the guy out of his AV lab and do throughout research and full surveillance footage review. That his second favorite CSI will do with great deal of patience and diligence.

But he still fired blanks. The moment he walked out of Ryan's lab and turned the corner to lockers he'd gradually fade out. Either from previous day's head bumping or something else it was all he had. So far nothing stuck out.

"Okay. Let's go." he quickly put himself together and offered a smile. Yes, it was time to move on. And for his own surprise Patrick felt much better now.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:45 am

Lara continued to mark out a safe foot path for Patrick.
There was another period of silence as the pair walked on, “Have you ever been camping?” Lara asked, “I bring it up because the everglades are over 1.5 million acres and I don’t know how deep in we are, so we might have to spend the night.” Lara continued, “Don’t worry, I know all about camp craft, we’ll be fine…If it even comes to that, how knows we might find civilisation soon.” She said trying to be reassuring for Patrick’s sake, and she was trying to fill the silence before her companion could fill it with personal questions about herself.

(Sorry for the delay, I have limited internet access.Smile )
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:09 am

There was a moment of silence during which Patrick managed to once more go through his vague memories of his day before. Nothing new came to him.
When Lara asked Jane nearly blushed. A small part of consciousness made him feel embarrassed by his "all city boy" ways. But it passed as he concentrated on her question.
"Well, no. I haven't been into much exploring when I was a kid and later on I had all-city kinda lifestyle." the golden haired man replied with a nonchalant shrug and grin. "But I'm sure I'll be fine. After all what can be so bad about a bit of camping?" he said with some implied cheerfulness. Of course, where were his regular manners? He was know to be the hyper one, asking everyone about everything and whatnot. But now he was rather strangely silent and not at all himself. On the other hand, who was himself? Definitely someone he didn't know after all those years.
"So. You have all kinds of interesting knowledge. Been in army?" he asked. At least it made him feel more like the guy most department knew and tried to avoid.

(It's okay, I understand.Smile)
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:05 am

“I understand.” Lara said with a smile, her posh accent and little mannerisms giving the impression of someone who was probably raised in an upper class lifestyle or at leads in an upper class part of England.

“Yeah.” Lara replied in a casual tone to Patrick’s army question.
A slight frown momentarily appeared in her face as a couple of bad memories flashed across her mind. The memories that had caused her undiagnosed post-traumatic stress disorder. The frown vanished as quickly as the memories did and Lara continued without missing a beat, “I did my bit a few years back. I learned a lot including outdoor survival...” Lara began to maneuver through a marshy patch using rocks and the like as stepping stones, she held Patrick so that the pair could stabilize each other as they made their way across.  “...Plus I did do some camping in my teen and college years.” Lara’s demeanor brightened slightly as she spoke that sentence. Lara had warm memories of camping with her adoptive siblings whom she was missing now that she was living in Miami so far away from them.  

“You’re doing excellent for a city boy.” Lara said encouraging the city loving blond. She was glad to see him handling everything the everglades had thrown at them so far. She just hoped that he would cope with this difficult marshy patch too.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:20 am

"I see." he kept single answer. Somehow it felt like Lara didn't like memories from her army days, so, despite a small amount of questions and whatnot silliness he usually teased whoever, he not pressed on. For once he decided to behave like told often, but not proceeded. This time, of course, was different. They were kidnapped day ago and was left in Glades- one of the world's less appropriate place for anyone - to die or whatever somebody had planned. Not at all a place for childish behavior that was his usual display.
At least he made himself to maintain self-control every time he was tempted to act out of feel.

And being himself he of course had to not show any weaknesses and emotions whatsoever. He kept listening Lara, sensing and noticing that the woman might have been through something rough patch during her army days, possibly something that might've caused PTSD.
But at least her mood improved over camping stuff. So he smiled brightly at her as they balanced through land made obstacles that slowly started to become familiar. Maybe he once should implant the camping idea in Mich's mind- he thought before remembered- right! he was on one camping trip with whole "gang" although he'd spent majority of it in water with his girlfriend. Well, not quite a camping then.

"Well, thank you." Jane grinned as bright as sunshine. "I'm sure it's not so bad. The whole camping thing. I mean, the nature, views from mountains and forests, no humans and traffic, fresh air and freedom. It must be some cool stuff to do at a young age. At least comparing to what other stuff kids do these days, and I've seen some.". he said. At least he hoped that these talks would enlighten the mood and for his part help him concentrate on not falling. There was a second he felt like falling but turned out a momentary dizzy spell, nothing to worry about. Besides for now he felt rather relaxed and relatively at ease, but who knew for how long, Patrick mused to himself while wiping sweat off his forehead.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:33 am

Lara smiled when Jane grinned. “You’re welcome.” Patrick had a charming, disarming face when he smiled with made Lara feel as if she could trust him.

“You’re right, it felt like we were free. We could roam around, play in trees and lakes and stay up late it was amazing.” Lara said warmly. The conversation seemed to be relaxing the pair so under the circumstances Lara didn’t close up, “And we were trusted with the responsibility of a camp fire. Camping somehow helped us to regress and grow up at the same time.” Lara said with a grin of her own.

The two hit solid land one again bit it was surrounded by swamp water. Lara continued to walk, keeping her eyes peeled for crocs and the like. Lara knew it was not really safe to be so close to the water as they are right now.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:20 pm

"I can imagine. Being trusted to be on your own must've felt cool." Patrick was beaming. He clearly could see the youngsters roaming the woods free and all grown.
Well, for his part it was hard to say that. He grew up as a Boy Wonder and along other circus folks did whatever for money. His father had made him to fool people with 'psychic readings' to lure out money. Which, in little Patrick's mind, was kinda fun until it wasn't.
So he'd left that place and started somewhere else. Well, it didn't end well after all...

"I can imagine you as a real survivor. You know, going through woods fully equipped. It actually makes me feel rather safe around you." he rambled a bit. And by a simple slip let out a teensy bit more than he was about. Good thing his tongue decided to become tired, otherwise he'd gone into some rambling flood. Maybe the sun had finally fried that brain-tongue controller connection.

However he quickly noticed the changes. There was ground again, but also the water.
"Oh dear..." the consultant faltered a bit, wiping sweat off his face, his voice bit more than a whisper.
Then slightly steadier, "Let's hope all the crocs have gone to take a nice, long nap."
But inside he was once again frightened, although put a nonchalant grin on his face- stay strong, Paddy.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:55 am

“Well we often had our vacations at this cabin by a lake over here in the states so Mummy and Daddy kept a bit of an eye on us out of the window when we were younger. It wasn’t until we were older when we were truly camping by ourselves.” Lara said with warm fondness, sharing more than she usually would.

“Thank You.” Lara replied. Lara did not see herself as the leader type but Jane’s complement boosted her confidence a little.

“Just keep your eyes peeled and we shouldn’t get eaten.” Lara said in a light hearted tone to try and keep Patrick from feeling too afraid, but she was keeping her hyper vigilant eyes out for danger.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:10 am

Patrick beamed. "Oh, that's truly sweet. Your parents must have been really putting belief in you kids. You were lucky to have all that." he said with a really slightly thoughtful undertone in his soft voice.
The slight breeze blew a golden lock over his forehead and Jane lost himself in a momentarily memory. But in a blink it was over and he composed himself so not a shadow of his inner mood got outside.

Patrick grinned. "I just stated the obvious. You have this confidence and air of knowledge. And you obviously know what you are doing. But welcome." the blonde poured a dose of charm above the facts.
He actually thought what he said. And he was obviously not bearing any knowledge about outdoors besides Discovery Channel.

The thought that there might be an alligator or crocodile, or whatever, hiding in the water around made Jane slightly queasy and lightheaded. "Okay, let's hope the fellas had a hearty meal before we ended up here." Patrick added with a slight humor, to keep it light.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:01 am

Lara nodded; her adoptive parents had always encouraged and believed in her and she knew they always wood. Lara was truly blessed and thankful to be a part of such a wonderful family, but the road leading to that family had been difficult and often a painful one. First she lost her real parents and then she was bounced from care home to care home until she was finally placed with them.
A hint of sadness momentarily filed Lara’s expressive blue eyes until Lara pushed aside the painful memories.

Lara just smiled when Patrick said she seemed confidant and knew what she was doing, it really encouraged her, especially in the current situation.

Lara’s eyes fixated up ahead, “I think I can see a river.” She said with cautious optimism.
Back to top Go down
Patrick Jane
Patrick Jane

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Patrick, being still observant enough, despite the conditions, had noticed hint of sadness about Lara. His brain immediately filled in with the vibe.
She probably had tough times and it felt that she may be a foster child being bounced from place to place.
Not too happy days. And pretty much felt like his own time with daddy.
Well, of course, he had his father with him and somewhat raising him. Although not in a way he liked, though it had been useful knowledge. Conning people had gotten him enough cash to not care about lots of stuff now, but also had led to his life biggest tragedy.

Seeing Lara smile was a good thing. Jane inwardly cheered. She was better with smiles plus his words had made her feel better.
The sneaky consultant sent a silent 'HA!' to Lisbon. She always kept telling he was a manipulator of people feelings. But he knew that this time it was pure observation and stating the facts. Which had led to making someone feel better in a rather uncomfortable, to say the least, situation. Nothing bad about that, Jane mused, feeling good about himself.

Jane perked up at the announcement. His eyes had been mostly for any predators lurking.
"Oh, that's so nice. I hope it's a good sign. Although there might be crocs too." at least that's what he guessed. Some of the National Geographic series had those things in rivers and ponds, and someone's backyards too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh, get lost! (Patrick)   Oh, get lost! (Patrick) - Page 2 Clock10

Back to top Go down

Oh, get lost! (Patrick)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next