CSI: Miami Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSI: Miami Roleplay Forum

This is a CSI Miami Roleplay forum.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANON CHARACTERS!!!!.
I only own this forum and its art work. The show belongs to CBS. Original Characters and fanart excluded

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More Than Just a Hobby [James]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ana Hernandez
Ana Hernandez
✯✯✯✯

More Than Just a Hobby [James] Empty
PostSubject: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Thu May 22, 2014 8:37 am

19-year-old Ana Hernandez stood in the back of the room, talking to the senior instructor of the Martial Arts class that they were about to teach. It was the first time that Ana would be official assistant of her teacher, Mr. Sato.
Ana had taken Judo-classes when she was younger, beginning at the age of 10. She was 12 when she had her first competition and later tested for the Yellow Belt. Back then she was very proud of her accomplishment. However, when she was 15 she quit Judo after she failed her test for the Orange Belt. Back then her interests shifted and she wasn't really into Judo anymore.

After being kidnapped by the Mala Noche at the age of just 17, she decided to pick up the Martial Arts again. She first started at a different studio, learning about Krav Maga and two other Martial Arts, until she decided to go back to Judo a couple of months later.

Now, after two years and graduating from High School, Ana didn't find anything interesting to study  and she didn't actually want to go to College anyway. Not having anything to do with her time, she spent a lot of time with the Judo-trainer Sato, until he suggested she'd become his assistant for the classes he gave and learn from him how to teach her own classes. Ana had just recently passed her test for the Orange Belt and actually liked the idea of becoming a Judo-instructor herself, so she could teach young children and kids and maybe help them to get off the streets.

Today, Mr. Sato would let Ana show what she learned the past year and gave her the go to train her first class today. Little did Ana know who she would meet again.
Back to top Go down
James Hamilton
James Hamilton
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Thu May 22, 2014 2:29 pm

James was leaving the building when he saw Ana in one of the class rooms. He knew of her background in self defense, but didn't know she had trained in judo. Like Ana, James had a similar background, though his was in ju-jtisu and Hurricane Combat Art, two things that have helped him out when on patrol and as a CSI. James continued to watch Ana as he stood there, not knowing that he would soon be noticed by the lead instructor in the next few moment. The guy soon noticed him and started yelling. "Sir, I'm not here to cause trouble, I just noticed one of your students." he said to him in reply while holding his hands up.
Back to top Go down
Ana Hernandez
Ana Hernandez
✯✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Fri May 23, 2014 3:11 am

Mr. Sato and Ana both looked up at the same time, when they heard yelling. She noticed James standing at the door, talking to an instructor that Ana knew pretty well. The white male was known to have a temper and he also was known to be very sensitive when he saw other males watching female students. Especially when they were teenagers and a little older. But that wasn't the only reason why George, the instructor, was yelling at James. George, just a few years older than Ana, had it badly for her. He's even told Ana that, but the young woman just wasn't interested in a sexual relationship with him. But still, the male would always react overly protective and jealous if he saw someone watching her.

Since Ana and her teacher, Mr. Sato, were the only ones in the room at this moment, George assumed that he was prying on her. Of course, the female knew much better. Her and James had a different kind of history.
Ana quickly walked over to where James and George were, wearing her white judogi and orange belt, displaying her rank proudly. Of course she wore a white tank top underneath the uwagi, the thick cotton jacket.
“Leave him be, George.” Ana said confidently and in a slightly angered tone. “He's not doing anythin'.”

George was a quick thinker, so he knew Ana knew this guy. And that made him just a little more jealous. “Oh, so you know him?” he asked in a jealous tone. “He your boyfriend?”

“No, he's a cop.” Ana told George. “And someone who actually cares. Ain't that right, detective?”
Back to top Go down
James Hamilton
James Hamilton
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Fri May 23, 2014 5:11 am

James nodded in reply when Ana said that. "That i am" he replied while watching her and George. "You really think I'd be dumb enough to harm a student of yours?" he asked gently while looking at George. Though James wouldn't have done anything, if George had laid a hand on him he would have defended himself. "I just noticed that Ana is one of your students and I wanted to see how she was doing." he explained while standing there and watching the instructor that was in front of him at this time.
Back to top Go down
Ana Hernandez
Ana Hernandez
✯✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Fri May 23, 2014 5:52 am

"I'm not his student... Mr. Sato is my master." Ana corrected James firmly. She never really trained under George. She just trained with him a couple of times before she was tested for the orange belt, but that was about it. George must have drawn the wrong conclusions about their relationship back then, because ever since she actually got the orange belt and was training with Mr. Sato again, he's been jealous of males who trained with her, or who just looked at her. And it annoyed Ana.

Mr. Sato, a born Japanese citizen who moved to Miami many years ago, walked up to Ana, stopping next to her. He was a man in his late fourties, but he was well-trained. He didn't actually look very athletic, but he could hold his own very well. And from the look on his face, everyone could tell that he was a man who would make use of his authority if he had to. Around the studio, the students and fellow instructors, he was a very respected man.
“Is everything alright over here, Ana-san?” Mr. Sato asked.

Ana looked over to George, flashing him a warning look after which he obviously backed down. He mumbled a quiet “I'm sorry.” and walked back into the room he originally wanted to enter, before he spotted James.
“Yes, I believe so.”
Back to top Go down
James Hamilton
James Hamilton
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Fri May 23, 2014 6:22 am

James looked at Ana when she said that. "Forgive me Ana" he said after hearing the way she spoke to him. He didn't let it show, but he was a bit upset with her at the moment. He then looked at the older man who was Ana's teacher and stood up a bit. It was not lost on him that this man was one be respected, not just for his age but his skill. James could tell that he didn't look athletic, but could hold his own in a fight. "Forgive me, I didn't meen to be a distraction." he said after Ana said that to Mr. Sato.
Back to top Go down
Ana Hernandez
Ana Hernandez
✯✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Fri May 23, 2014 6:41 am

A small, but warm smile flashed over the older man's face. He remembered that Ana mentioned a detective that she knew, when they spoke. Genkei Sato has been more than just a teacher for Ana. He was like a father-figure to her, someone that she truly respected and looked up to and he knew that. He would never take advantage of it, but he would use it to reason with her if she ever had tough decision to make or problems to solve.
He extended his hand to James in a proper greeting.
“You were not. Class hasn't even started, yet.” Mr. Sato said to James. His English was almost perfect, but his Asian roots where always noticeable when he spoke. “I'm Genkei Sato, I own and manage this studio.”

Ana looked at James and it was enough for her to notice that he seemed upset with her just now. Her firm voice wasn't meant for James, but for George, so the guy would finally get the hint that she wasn't interested. But she didn't say anything about now, out of respect for her master, who was now talking to James.
Back to top Go down
James Hamilton
James Hamilton
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Fri May 23, 2014 6:58 am

James nodded in reply, hearing the Asian sound to Genkei's voice.  "I'm James Hamilton, detective and CSI with the police department." he said to him, introducing himself to Genkei.  "How has Ana being doing, I trust she has been doing well?" he asked while watching him.  He had a feeling that Ana was doing well, but didn't know she had considered being a teacher in her own right.  James glanced over to her, then looked back to Mr. Sato after asking that. No need for you to worry James, Ana seems like she's in good hands here......Genkei knows what he's doing he said to himself while standing there. At the same time, two of the other teen girls in the class were giggling a bit as they watched James. James glanced over when he heard them giggle. silly girls he said to himself while standing there.
Back to top Go down
Ana Hernandez
Ana Hernandez
✯✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Fri May 23, 2014 10:20 pm

Genkei Sato only smiled softly at James' question. Yes, he had heard of the detective before. Actually, now that he met him in person, he seemed to be a good influence for Ana, at least he was one who tried to keep her off the street and away from the life that came with it. From what it looked though, Ana never really was the bad-girl material. She just acted tough, Genkei knew that. Inside, he knew, Ana was a very sensitive and vulnerable young woman. Just like any other teenager.
“I believe the young woman can answer that question for you herself.” Genkei said, his voice always calm and friendly. “She's got good things and plans ahead of her.”

Ana smiled a little, almost looking a little embarrassed at the words of her teacher. The teenager knew that he meant good with his words and he was right about the plans she had ahead of her. Still, she just wasn't used to other people saying positive things about her when she was around. However, it wasn't a bad thing anymore.

Looking over to the two teenage girls of her class who just arrived, Ana nodded to them and gave them a look that told them to be quiet and respect their surroundings. The studio was and has always been, a place of respect, a place where one was supposed to look into themselves and reflect on the things they achieved. Much like a church, just that they practised Martial Arts in here.
The look was enough to make the girls, three years younger than Ana, shut up and be quiet, continuing their conversation in whispers.
Back to top Go down
James Hamilton
James Hamilton
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Tue May 27, 2014 10:45 am

James nodded in reply when Sato said that to him. "She is a very smart young lady." he said to her. "I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes an instructor like yourself." he added off the cuff. He could see Ana doing that full time and helping other kids like herself get off the street and become more disciplined and better people in the community. It had been like that for him when he got into martial arts. Though his first encounter with it was in Europe when his family lived on the air base his dad was transferred to. His dad was head of the security team and James had come across them working on self-defence when he was seven. That day sparked a life long passion for self-defence/martial arts.

At the same time, he heard the three girls and glanced over to them, seeing them whisper among themselves. He shook his head a bit, then looked back at Sato, wondering what he would say next.
Back to top Go down
Ana Hernandez
Ana Hernandez
✯✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Tue May 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Genkei Sato glanced at his young female student, the hint of a smirk on his face. That man had no idea just how right he was about the instructor thing. Genkei nodded slightly to Ana, mentioning to her that she could talk to him for a moment, while he would silently listen. It wasn't his place to share things like that with people he just met. Ana on the other hand knew this man much longer. If she wanted him to know, she was to tell him that herself.

Ana had a small grin on her face. "Actually... I will be an intructor. This will be the first time of me teaching a class." she said proudly. She could tell him that much. After all, when nobody else cared to reason with her, James was the one who cared. Not to mention that he saved her from the Mala Noche, when her ex-boyfriend kidnapped her. She probably would have been killed in the end, considering how obsessed that guy had been with her. It was that kind of experience that really rattled Ana and that got her thinking about her lifestyle again, deciding to change for the better.
Back to top Go down
James Hamilton
James Hamilton
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Thu May 29, 2014 10:13 am

James looked at Ana when she said that to him, clearly impressed. "Wow, congratulations Ana" he said to her honestly while watching her. It was not lost on him that Ana had come a long away since her kidnapping at the the hands of her ex-boyfriend. "I have a feeling that you will be very successful in this endeavor." he commented off the cuff. James knew he was speaking the truth. He knew that Ana was a strong willed and driven woman and that she never gave up that easy. I pity the man that picks a fight with her he said to himself before looking back at Genkei Sato.

"You have a great teacher in Ana." Jason said to Sato about Ana. "The students can learn a lot from her." he added, not seeing the look on Ana's face as he said that to Genkei Sato.
Back to top Go down
Ana Hernandez
Ana Hernandez
✯✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:47 pm

A proud smile graced the young woman's face. When she first met James, she was a typical rebellious teenager who was well on her way to become a street girl and maybe get into more trouble than she'd imagined back then. At least that was what everybody else thought would happen.  To Ana it was clear that it would never come that far. She was a street girl and she was rebellious, wanting to do things her way, but she wasn't stupid. She'd never get involved with criminals. Well, at least not if she knew they were. And she was proud that she had proven to all of them, that she was smarter than that. She left that kind of life behind her now. She had her High School diploma now and was well on her way to become a Judo teacher. It probably wouldn't be a full-time job for her forever, but it was a start until she decided whether or not she wanted to go to college or university. Right now though, she could imagine this being her full time job.

“Thank you.” she said politely and honestly. There was no shame in her being proud of her achievements.  “If... and only if everything goes as well as I hope it will, I might take another exam soon. Hopefully achieving a new belt. Can't hurt my teaching.”

Sato stood back while the two of them were talking. It was non of his business to listen to what they had to say. He respected the privacy of his student, although he himself was very proud of the young woman and actually honoured that she wanted to learn from him, all there was to learn about Judo and teaching. So, hearing James' comment about Ana being a good teacher, he just nodded with a small smile. If she really was going to be a good teacher was yet to be seen. He never judged this early on. Still, Ana was flattered to hear James say that.
Back to top Go down
James Hamilton
James Hamilton
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:29 pm

"You're most welcome Ana" James replied as he watched her. He was glad to see that Ana was doing this with her life. He knew that she would make a great teacher. "Have you though about majoring in education?" James asked while watching her. He had a feeling that education would be a great field for her go into. "I can get you in touch with the head of the education department at Florida International University." he said to her.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Than Just a Hobby [James]   More Than Just a Hobby [James] Clock10

Back to top Go down

More Than Just a Hobby [James]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1