CSI: Miami Roleplay Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSI: Miami Roleplay Forum

This is a CSI Miami Roleplay forum.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANON CHARACTERS!!!!.
I only own this forum and its art work. The show belongs to CBS. Original Characters and fanart excluded

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

As I begin once again (anybody)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:37 am

She took out her phone, and flipped her hair backwards as she listened Ryan as he spoke. „Great, thank you Ryan, I just hope they will be useful.“

As she was saying goodbye, she looked over at Lara and nodded with thumb up. Letta herself was glad they had them, she really hoped that if nothing, she would see some minor reactions.
„Ryan said that we should head back and Eric will bring them.“

Letta grabbed silvery kit and prepared to brush of her abilities. She studied hard to get her title from psychology, and she was glad she could use her knowledge, and hoped it would come handy, in this case and the ones that had yet to come.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:54 am

“All right.” Lara said with a nod.
She took one last look over the crime scene from where she stood, as she thought hard, absorbing it all for one more moment before she picked up her kit ready to head back to the lab.

Lara sat quietly, silently thinking and theorising about the case during most of the ride back to the lab, but as it stood there was little evidence to work with, and no suspects or motives. Lara hoped that Letta would be able to give them something to work with.

When Lara and Letta arrived at the lab, they went straight to meet Eric to collect the tapes.
“Hi. I’m Eric. You must be Ms. Russell. I‘ve heard a lot of good things about you.” He said, as he greeted her with a charismatic smile and a friendly handshake.

Eric handed Lara the footage and she loaded it on the screen ready to play.
The footage had not been recorded from inside the victims hospital room, rather it was from a camera in the corridor that could see part of the room through the doorway, so there was no sound. But fortunately the footage had a clear view Don brocket in his bed and Horatio standing next to him taking his statement.

“It’s all yours.” Lara said to Letta as she took a step sideways to make room for her at the controls.
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:22 pm

Letta nodded too, and as for her car ride, she was silent too, absorbing everything that happened.
Again, she hoped that she will be able to at least see something, tiny detail, that will help them solve the case.

She skimmed her eyes over Eric and offered small smile that said nothing. „Oh, flatterer.“ She said with playful annoyance in her tone. „It is nice to meet you too.“

She took the footage and before she played it, she inspected the scene in front of her on monitor. No sound, that made things complicated, but she had good view of him.

Finn played it, eyes glued to screen. As soon as she knew that Horatio asked if he had any idea who could have done it, she knew it. „He is lying.“ Finn threw it towards Eric and Lara, but she still stared at the scene she paused.

She zoomed so she could see victims face clearly, and cleared the image. As she suspected, his pupils were so wide they almost covered his irises.

„You can see, that his Adam's apple is bobbing, his hand is gripping the sheet and his artery is throbbing, as his heart beat sped up, as it always does when person lies. For non-behaviorist, it can be confused with nervousness or fear, but for me, these signs are screaming - „Liar, liar!“ And when we zoom in and see his pupils, you see, they are dilated.“

She spun on the chair and faced two of her new co-workers. „I suggest this, we will question his family and friends, then we will see who has a record in CODIS, or if anybody he knew in past has it, and that may be our suspects, our if nothing, our hint.“

She pushed her blonde locks back and ran her hand with silver rings through it.

Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:26 am

Lara leaned a little closer to the screen looking intently at every sing as Letta was pointing each of them out, “You’re right, H said he thought the guy was anxious or afraid.” Eric noted in response to Letta’s comment. “Not a hard conclusion to come to considering what the guy had just been through.” Lara casually commented as they watched the footage, “Mmm.” Eric agreed.

“They're dilated alright.” Lara said as she straightened back up, after Letta had zoomed in on the picture, “Nice job.” Lara said encouragingly, as she briefly put her hand on Letta’s shoulder. She was impressed with how talented her new co-worker was, She knew it must have taken a lot of time, training and dedication to sharpen and refine her skills as well as she had.

“The guy doesn’t have any family here in Miami, they all live in other states. You should try talking to some of the people where he works.” Eric suggested. “Good idea.” Lara replied in agreement. “I have the address.” She said to Letta, holding up a file that had the address inside.
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:57 am

She sat and gazed at the screen, while two of her new co-workers talked. There was something about that man she couldn't quite pinpoint, but she was determined to break through all of his secrets.

She turned to face Lara and smiled when other woman touched he shoulder. „That was nothing, but thank you anyway. Wait until you see me in action. I don't like people who lie me to face.“

She turned towards Eric and nodded as he spoke. „Yes, I should talk to them. And I will try to search out and contact his family, if nothing than to inform them.“

She uttered „Thanks.“ to Lara, who handed her the folder. „There is something about that guy I don't like, and I want to know what was he hiding.“
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:03 am

Lara couldn’t help but crack a little smile when Letta said her “that was nothing statement.” and Lara knew exactly where she was coming from about the lying part too.

Lara could not stand being lied to herself. Being lied to by a suspect was an occupational hazard and it didn’t really bother Lara all that much anymore, but being lied to by someone she knows, especially someone she cares about was something that Lara found insufferable, she especially could not stand it if they looked her in the eye and lied right to her face, as people had done to her in the past, forcing her (amongst other reasons) to put up walls and withdraw emotionally in order to protect herself.

Lara followed Letta as they went to go to the victims place of work, and as Lara was walking one step behind the beautiful blond, she looked at her and silently hoped that Letta would not be able to read too much about her from her own body language, and she wondered what Letta had already figured out about her, if she had in fact figured anything out.
A frown grew on Lara’s face at the thought, she was not one to let her feelings show and being around someone that could pick up on the slightest sings, especially the involuntary ones was an uncomfortable thought.

At the thought Lara automatically began trying to control her body language and hide her reactions around Letta, an action in itself that someone as skilled as Letta would undoubtedly notice rather quickly.

The pair arrived at the building for Luster magazine and Lara let her colleague take the lead, she was obviously a very capable investigator and after all she was the expert behaviourist here to put her skills to work.
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:06 am

Finn looked at Lara, flashing brief charming smile.
True, she worked hard to lead her abilities to perfection, true she could still get better, but she was confidentconfident and believed she was one of best, at least here in Miami.

She admired Lara, she was like her, it took while for her to trust someone.
She did not try to read her behaviour that much, she only picked up the oblivious facts.

The two of them travelled down the corridor and she chuckled when she saw that Lara put on quickly patched up mask. "Don't worry about me reading you. I only pick the subtle hints. You take some time to trust somebody, like me, you like your privacy and you had big past with major influences. That's all for my part, I don't like nosy people."

After some time they arrived to the building of Luster magazine. She was determined to go right to boss. She was glad Lara held back, as she was confident enough, but she still wasn't her old self.

There was some prissy secretary in front of her boss's office, who looked at her like she had commented some crime. Finn grinned, maybe it was the other way around.

"Excuse me miss, you just can't go in there, our boss has important meeting!"

She flashed pretty, sickly sweet smile. And showed her badge to slightly frightened secretary.
"This badge here says that I can miss."

She was not impolite person, but she knew this chief of this magazine, from some articles. She was notnot nice person.

Boss, disgusting barbie woman, looked up, glaring daggers. Finns eyes shot bullets. "Excuse me, but this meeting is overover."

Letta announced it like she was just apologizing for running late. "Miss Milton, we are here to investigate murder of Don't Brocket, your employee. And my name is Angeletta Finlay-Russell from Miami Crime Lab. And this is my co-worker Lara DunCroft. And this is where she steps in. She will ask you some questions while I will watch."

She spoke at shocked boss and stood straight next to the door, motioning her to come forward with, you ask, I will tell if she's lying look.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Ironically, Lara was caught a little off guard when Letta chuckled and told her that she was not going to try to read her, just after Lara had consciously put her ‘guard up’ to try and mask her body language and expressions. Given her skills it was probable that Letta would notice the sudden restraint in Lara demeanour, but Lara had not expected Letta to address it so openly.

Caught on the spot Lara gave Letta a small, slightly embarrassed smile as she reflexively scratched her own eyebrow as they walked down the corridor.  It was an unconscious action of self-touching that was a symptom of her mild embarrassment, “uh-wow you just come right out and say it.” Lara mumbled with an awkward chuckle.

Lara‘s embarrassment quickly faded and Lara looked to Letta, “You’re right, I do take time to open up, and to trust anyone.” She said being open with Letta herself, “But you’re pretty open and direct, aren’t you? I respect that.” She finished, letting Letta know that she kind of trusted her, without actually saying it.

At Luster magazine, Lara watched as Letta confidently asserted herself to the receptionist and then to Miss Milton. Lara was impressed with Letta’s self assurance and the way she took control of the setting with professionalism and ease.
Lara had the skill’s to lead but she no longer had the confidence, following her regretful experience in the army, as well as a number of other unpleasant experiences throughout her life.
Brushing of the thoughts Lara stepped forwards as Letta introduced her to Miss Milton.
“Miss Milton, do you know if Mr Brocket had any enemies? Can you think of anyone who might have wanted to hurt him?” Lara started on Letta’s cue.

“No.” She replied, co-operating with the interview without protest.
“Was there anyone you know of that Mr Brocket did not get on with? A co-worker, clients, friends?”

“Um, no, not really.” She answered shaking her head. Her reply was certain with a thoughtful undertone, showing the answer was genuine and not just a generic response, “Don didn’t really have any co-workers a such. He was the head of the modelling department, he had a large office all to himself and he interviewed and hired all of the models for the magazine himself. Han tricot  gets the sets ready, Sonya Bo Valets dresses the models and oversees hair and make up, then Don would oversees the shoots once everything was ready. So the only one Don really worked with was our photographer, Matt Elis.” She explained, “Well apart from the models of course. But they all liked him.” She finished, the last half of the comment was covered in an unintentionally suggestive undertone that the average person would not pick up on.    

“Do you know if Don had any problems in his personal life? Money troubles, social problems?” Lara asked. “No. Don had a very nice salary, and he didn’t have any trouble having a social life.” Miss Milton replied, again an unintentionally suggestive undertone on the ‘social life’ comment, and a minute trace of distain even.
"I don't know who would want to hurt him." She finished with an expressionless tone.    

“Okay thank you.” Lara started, “If it’s alright with you we’re going to take a look around and ask some questions, if my colleague has nothing more to add.” Lara finished, opening the floor to Letta.

(OOC: Sorry for the delay, limited internet access  Smile)
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:39 am

Letta stood straightly and proudly, listening with intense gaze.

She skimmed her eyes over woman who was answering questions.
There was nothing wrong with woman apart from expressionless gaze.

So when Lara finished, she pulled herself away from the wall and went to the table with mask of proffesional on.

"You probably think it's only good he is dead, don't you. You slept with him well...you know the rest. But I don't think you did it. But...I will keep my eyes on you."

She and Lara left and she just shrugged and smiled meekly. "Who do you want to talk to now?" She asked, almost shyly.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:01 am

Lara raised a surprised eyebrow and Miss Milton was left stunned and speechless following Letta’s statement.

Miss Milton looked back at Letta with numb shock. She flailed stunned, silent lips as she watched Lara and Letta walk out.

Once they stepped out of the room Lara walked alongside Letta. She was about to respectfully air her opinion to Letta that she thought her comments were inappropriate, or at least delivered in a badly chosen way, but before she could start, Miss Milton burst out of the room, livid.

“How dare you!” She shouted in an outraged voice. Lara turned back to face her, “Who do you think you are? You come down here to My building, interrupt my meeting and talk to me like that.” Miss Milton began stepping towards the pair, her hills clanking intensely, her seething eyes piercing into Letta. “How dare you make such accusations, my relationship with Don was strictly professional and you have absolutely no right to talk to me like that...”

Lara did not know if Letta had said those things to intentionally provoke the magazine mogul in order to gain information, or if she had just simply gone too far and been too open and direct, so she stood impassively and let Miss Milton step closer and closer, ready to act if Miss Milton’s anger progressed to anything more than just a scolding voice.

“...You’re right, I didn’t do it. So you can keep your eye on me all you want, but you better be careful because I will be watching you, and if you flash your badge to anyone else around here as a free pass to do or say what you like, I will call your boss and have you fired so quickly it will make you’re nose bleed...”

Lara’s eyes moving back and forth between Letta and the irate entrepreneur as she watched on with an expressionless face, unsure if she should intervene or if intervening would hamper Letta’s strategy. Did Letta have a strategy? Unsure, she played it cool and remained ready to react.

“...So I suggest you do what you said, you watch and let her talk.” She said pointing to Lara, before she immediately turned around and clanked her way back into the room.

Lara gave a mental “Wow.” to herself as Miss Milton dignifiedly stomped away. Lara turned to Letta, her expression clearly asking if that was part of the plan or not.
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:59 am

Letta stood, passive, blatant look on her pretty features.

She stood there, with Lara next to her. She felt the past rushing back, all of this happened before, only in different settings and with much more horrific ending.

Letts breathed through her nose and her face was suddenly one of pure anger.

However, her voice was so serene that it was scary.

"Well why miss Milton, now you gave me all the information I needed. You see, I am psychologist, that kind which can see every twitch on your face, that can feel your heartbeat. Stop giving me the "professional relationship" crap, because I saw you lying from miles away. But now I know that you may know who did this, so yes, I shall keep using my badge until I will find the killer. And if you want to try and rid me of my job, do as you please, as I suppose nose bleed will be on your side."

Letta watched as angry boss stomped back to her office and suddenly she crumbled. She leaned back against wall and pressed trembling hand to her face.

She breathed deep through her nose trying to pull herself together, that was her second breakdown that day.

Pull it together Finlay, you are no crybaby - she muttered but first image came and other followed. She spoke up.

"I-I am sorry, just give me a moment here please."

After two minutes or so, she pushed away, straightened hair and clothes and apologized. "Again, I am sorry, that was unprofessional. I am usually much more professional than that."

But still she had to wipe one stray tear with shaky hand.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:11 am

“It’s okay, just take a minute.” Lara said in a placid, comforting tone when Letta asked for a moment.

“Are you okay?” Lara asked trying to comfort Letta, as she awkwardly hovered her hand near the woman’s shoulder, hesitant to actually pat her. After all, she had only meet Letta this morning and she was not sure what she should do, or how she could console her emotional team mate in this situation.

The majority of her friends had been men and emotional episodes was a rare occurrence, Lara was used to being the one to get emotional, but usually behind closed doors where no-one could see and nothing was ever said. Suppress and move on was the way she was used to handling these things. Thankfully Letta soon pulled it together and wiped away a tear before Lara had to console her properly.
“It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.” Lara replied, shrugging it off like nothing had happened, for both of their sakes. Suppress, move on.

“Matt Elis, the photographer and, Sonya Bo Valets, the stylist are the nearest things to co-workers, So let’s start by talking to them.” Lara said as they made their way down the corridor.
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:54 pm

She stared ahead of herself, shaking her had, wanting to slap herself. She knew what was wrong with her and she had to deal with it, such emotional outbursts at work were unacceptable.

„Yes I am fine, just rather bloody flashbacks.“

And with that she brushed it off and made mental note to book flight to Vegas as soon as possible. She had to see her mother. She combed her hair with her fingers and put one ice cold mask she perfected over the years.

Conceal, don't feel, don't let it show.
She looked at Lara with grey eyes and listened as she named them. „Ok, lets do this, and than we should speak to models and...does he have.....did he have a secretary?“
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:37 am

“Yes. Anita Claverack, She had her own desk just outside his office." Lara replied in response to the question.

Lara and Letta made their way down to the photo shoot.

Matt Elis was crouched down snapping away at one of the beautiful dark haired model, posing on an enchanted forest set.

“Mr. Elis?” Lara said as she and Letta came up behind Matt. Matt turned his head to see who was behind him, “MDPD. We would like to ask you a few questions.” Seeing the beautiful pair, and Lara’s badge, he stood up to face them. “Is this about what happened to Don? I couldn’t believe it when I heard. How’s he doing?” Lara looked at Matt, he had obviously not heard that Don had died, “Unfortunately he passed away a few hours after arriving at the hospital, Mr. Elis.” Surprise and a very, very mild look of sadness crossed over Matt’s face when he heard the news. It was more like he was mildly saddened to hear about the death of another human being, rather than that of a friend. There was no indication of strong feelings for or against Don. “Oh, I hadn’t heard. I’ve been very busy.” Matt replied.

“Do you know who might wanted to have hurt Don?” Lara asked. “Um, no not really. I mean the guy was flawed like the rest of us, but he wasn’t a bad guy.” Matt answered. “There was one guy last week…” Matt began as an afterthought. “We had a Swedish model Susanna Andén, red hair, six foot, beautiful. She was nice enough, but her fiancé Karl Stromberg was some kind of a Vinnie Jones wannabe. He’s a New Yorker with like one quarter Italian blood in him or something, and he was always bragging about how he “knew people” and that he could have you killed if he wanted…” Matt added, his tone indicated that he thought the man was just blowing smoke. “Anyway the guy though Don was coming on to his girl while she was on a two day shoot on our home- sweet-home kitchen set, He grabbed Don by the tie and warned him to back off and told him how he “knows people. I think it’s a lot of trash talk but I thought I’d better mention it.”
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:59 pm

Letta followed Lara and nodded, thinking for a while.

"We should talk to her, later on. She may know something."

Letts kept back and listened, as always, her watching eyes skimming over whole scene, the photographer and models. She noticed that one of the models was watching them with interested look, so she made mental note to talk to her.

Meanwhile she listened to Lara as she interviewed Mr. Elise very skillfully.

He wasn't lying, and was trying to help them, honestly.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:01 am

Lara listened as Matt told them about the incident between Don and the jealous fiancée, she jotted down the names he mentioned and then her eyes turned to him intently when he mentioned the Home-sweet-home kitchen set.

Kitchen set? The thought gently swept through Lara’s mind.

“Could we see the kitchen set, please?” Lara asked, keeping a casual tone. “Sure. It‘s just over here.” Matt replied. “Take a break.” He said to his current model, then he walked Lara and Letta to the Kitchen Set just a few yards away from the Enchanted Forest set where they had been talking.

The set was the perfect picturesque kitchen: Beautiful modern but elegant wood and glass cupboards back dropped against a lovely wooden island work-space, that was framed by a charming wooden outline symmetrically decorated with rosemary, lavender and utensils.

The decorative rosemary did escape Lara’s attention. A small smile almost made it’s way onto her lips. It was just what she has thought would be there, or at least what she hoped would be there.

“Is this set new?” Lara asked, “Fairly recent. We’re using it for the magazine’s latest cuisine series.” Matt replied.
“Was this set made by your usual guy, Han tricot?” Lara asked, maintaining her casual tone. She wanted to know who would have had contact with the rosemary, although the set was open and easily accessible to anyone. “Yep, Han done it all, as usual. I think it’s his best work yet.” Matt answered, glancing over the set. It was an incredible great set.

“How many models would you say has used it?” Lara asked. “Three so far. A fourth is scheduled for later today.” He replied.

Lara glanced to Letta upon Matt‘s comment. Little did poor Matt know the set could be being processed when his model arrives for the shoot.
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:31 am

Finn was quiet all the time, save for sharp clicks of her high heels. It was almost as if she weren't there in person.

But she was there, watching with keen eyes, listening, and thinking, her mind running on 120%.

She saved all the names and analyzed all the people while keeping eye on what was happening.

When all of them moved to Home-sweet-home, Finn watched and noticed even tiniest details.
Her bright mind quickly noticed flow of Lara's thoughts. She leaned in to whisper.

"Sharp thinking."

Then she straightened and spoke up, her voice loud and clear.

"Excuse me, but do you have and herbs here. Rosemary, for example?"
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:57 am

“Um, I think Han has it brought in fresh every week.” Matt replied. “We use the set for one or two day shoots each weak for the magazine’s current cuisine series. I think that was hung fresh today ready for the shoot later.” He finished.

Lara nodded as she took in everything Matt said, “Is there anything else? I’m shooting the cover for this weeks issue and I‘m on a time scale...” Matt asked, holding his camera up a little and half turning to the Enchanted Forest set and model, indicating his eagerness to get back to work.

“Thank you, you’ve been very helpful.” Lara said with an appreciative smile, “Anything you need to add?” Lara asked Letta before she let Matt get back to his model.

“Okay, so what are your thoughts?” Lara asked Letta after she had finished up with Matt.

“What do you want to do? Finish up here and send Tripp to talk to Karl the psycho fiancé? Or did you want us to have the pleasure of meeting him as well?” Lara asked her colleague to see what she wanted to do, and who she wanted to interview next.

There was a lot of choices where to start next: Sonya Bo Valets, the wardrobe, hair and make up lady, Anita Claverack, Don’s assistant, the models, plus Karl Stromberg and possibly his fiancée Susanna Andén. Not to mention the Kitchen set needed to be looked over as well. Lara and Letta needed to decide what they where going to do themselves and what they needed to delegate to the rest of the team.
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:49 pm

She tapped her white lacquered nails against her thighs in silent thought.

"My thoughts? No he didn't do it. He is far too interested in his own work."

In answer to your previous question she spoke up.

"I think we can leave the assistant, stylist and models to others, we should focus on our psycho guy, his fiancée and the guy that brought the rosemary. I think that right now, they are main suspects."
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:10 am

“Lets start with Karl and Susanna, in the meantime homicide can be finding out who bought the Rosemary ready for us to interview.” Lara said as the pair started on their way out.

The pair arrived at Karl’s house. “Look’s like he is home.” Lara stated, noticing the brownish car parked on the drive as the pair paced up the path towards the front door.

Lara stood on the front step and knocked on the door. She pushed her black leather jacket aside with her hand and allowed her hand to rest on her hip reviling her badge.

As she waited for an answer her head turned towards the flowerbed to her left, the sun momentarily shining off her sunglasses as she did so. Lara noticed that the flowerbed had been turned into a micro allotment, but she noted that there where only vegetable, no herbs, no rosemary.

Lara turned her head back to the door as she heard Karl coming. “Can I help you?” He asked, a New York accent coating his words. He then immediately noticed Lara’s badge the millisecond the sentence came out of his mouth, causing a subtle look of puzzlement on his face.
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:01 am

„Sounds good to me. Lets get going, then.“ Finn agreed and they set out on their journey to house of Karl Stromberg.

As Lara knocked, she readied her own new badge while her old Vegas one still rested in her purse. She skimmed garden, house and car with careful gaze.

When slightly surprised man opened, she quickly looked at him. He looked like he wasn't expecting them, which could mean two things. Either he thought he has done so well and he thought nobody will suspect him, or he was innocent.

She spoke up, her gaze steady upon much taller and stronger man. Hello, I am Angeletta Finlay-Russell from MDPD. I and my colleague Lara DunCroft are here to ask you about Don Brocket, if you don't mind.“

Her voice was emotionless but warm, as she was trying to avoid any major conflict with this agressive person.
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:45 am

“Sure. What’s this about?” He asked a tiny hint of surprise and confusion still in his voice as he recovered from the shock of finding two police women on his doorstep.

“Witnesses say that you recently made threats against Don, is that correct?” Lara asked, her tone blank and professional.
“No...Well not technically. He was hittin’ on my girl so I just told him could call some people who can make his day a little less than wonderful, if you know what I mean. I was just tryin’a straighten him out, I didn’t actually say I would make the call.” He replied, his New York accent coating every word, that also came out with a pinch of smug, self-satisfaction from feeling like he had “out manned” Don in some way with the warning.

Lara had to tip her head up just a little to look into Karl’s eyes as he spoke. Karl was tall, a minimum of six foot, probably more. He was strong and toned, but not too overly muscular. As Lara studied him while he gave his reply, she did not get a sense of guilt from him, leading her to the conclusion that he was all talk and no action, or he was cold, truly cold.

Lara decided to let Finn gauge that one, and she let her colleague take the lead on the interview and the questions.
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:39 pm

She looked up at strong man, but not with passivity, not with fear, they were not equals. She let him know that she was superior, that he was the one answering to her. It was all in her grey eyes.

But on the other side, her voice was calm, there was nothing in it.

"Could you please describe us your morning routine?"

He did so and it contained things one could suspect, healthy breakfast, gym and so on.

She continued. "Fine. Now, were you shopping this fine morning?"
Of course he wasn't.

"And your girlfriend? Was she?"

Yes, she was there. And after being aske where, she was on market. After being asked again, address of market was the one where Don't died.

"Thank you. Could you please ask your girlfriend to come and see us? Don't worry it is common method."
Back to top Go down
Lara DunCroft
Lara DunCroft
✯✯✯

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:08 am

That was one interview down, fast and simple. “If only they all went that easy.” Lara said with a smile as she and Finn walked away from the house.

Later, Susanna sat in the glass walled interview room and stared into nothingness ,with a sad, fretful expression on her beautifully delicate face, as she waited for Finn and Lara.

She wore a tastefully slinky red dress that went well with her slender figure and beautiful red hair, that her stylist had cared for and straightened this morning, leaving it long and effortless tidy.

Lara saw the expression on Susanna’s face through the glass as she and Finn approached the interview room, the case file in her hand, “Do you think that frown is a sign of worried guilt or just nerves from being in PD?” It was more a rhetorical question than anything, they would soon find out.

Susanna watched as Finn and Lara walked across the room and sat opposite her. Lara placed the file closed on the table, then placing her clasped hands on the table, she leaned slight forwards towards Susanna, “I’m CSI Lara DunCroft and this is CSI Angeletta Finlay-Russell. We have a few questions we would like to ask you.” Lara’s tone was serious but professionally friendly. She could tell that Susanna was the delicately feminine type, and besides that she was only here to be asked a few questions at this point, Lara saw no need to start out by being tough and intimidating.

Word count: 250
Back to top Go down
Angeletta Finlay-Russell
Angeletta Finlay-Russell

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:40 am

She tidied her hair and smiled at Lara. „Oh yes, I wish everything was that easy.“

She left her purse in her locker and now she and Lara were walking down the corridor towards room where Susanna waited. She combed her neatly curled hair and watched redhead with curious gaze.

She answered the rhetorical question without second thought. „You never know. But I am suspecting that miss Susanna here isn’t as naive as she seems. If my modeling years have thought me something, it is that models can be pretty vengeful. She may be acting as innocent scared dumb girl, but she may be not. Anyways, lets find out.“

She walked in with Lara and gave model awaiting them small smile, keeping everything professional, but with the air of friendliness that would be needed. She crossed her slim legs and figured she would be the silent one for now, only observing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: As I begin once again (anybody)   As I begin once again (anybody) - Page 2 Clock10

Back to top Go down

As I begin once again (anybody)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CSI: Miami Roleplay Forum :: Crime Lab & MDPD :: Crime Lab :: Offices-